It’s all very uneventful in my world at the minute as I am very happy with my lovely boyfriend and my lovely friends and it’s all just so fucking lovely I make myself sick. It’s ace! Although this means that I don’t have much to rant about really, so I thought I’d pop this up here: The reason I started a blog.
My friend Lotte Lane is a blogger extraordinaire, and the big sister I never had. Last year she wrote her “40 for 40” – a list of goals and awesome stuff she wants to achieve before she hits 40 years old. So as all little sisters are wont to do, I copied her.
My next big milestone in aging is 30, so I have written a list of 30 things I want to achieve before I hit the big three-oh:
2. Earn at least 30k per annum
3. Learn how to rollerskate
4. Do roller derby!
5. Be free of credit card debt
6. Have an “Excellent” credit score
7. Have singing lessons with Dis Charge
8. Drive a van
9. Grow my hair down to my bra strap
Meet Ariel at Disneyland
11. Learn how to bake “parkin” like Grandma used to make
12. Complete my Girl Guiding camp license
13. Get back my deadlift invert to butterfly on the pole
14. Learn swing dancing
15. Climb Machu Piccu
16. Ride a horse
17. Relearn conversational French
18. Get off the antidepressants
Have pink hair
20. Try belly dancing
21. Complete the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Digital Marketing
22. Learn about the different types of clouds
23. Travel round Europe by train
24. Visit ALL the continents! (Well, except Antarctica probably)
25. Buy a house
26. VEGAS BABY!
27. Go to the ballet
28. Sing “Do Re Mi” from the Sound of Music whilst prancing around Salzburg
29. Bungee jump (classic)
30. Finally organise that camping trip with ALL MY FRIENDS
So there you have it. I’ve already done a couple as I wrote the list back in Dec ’13, but there is still a way to go. Lotte and I plan to do a few in conjunction, like joining Roller Derby and becoming the Westcountry’s answer to Juliette Lewis and Ellen Page in Whip It.
Now I have 4 years to complete them all, and by the looks of it it’s going to be a pretty fucking fun four years.